The infection has spread from Tucson to Phoenix. “Arizona Citizens,” whoever they (it) are (is), have (has) bought prime space for more vague, religious repression. Here is the latest work, appropriately located above Mr. Rooter.
If it’s not clear, the message reads:
WE ARE ONE NATION UNDER GOD IN GOD WE DO TRUST
PROTECT THE VALUES AND MORALS
ON WHICH OUR COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED
PAID BY ARIZONA CITIZENS 602-617-7660
Translated – Fuck off, hippies, polytheists, queers, A-rabs, j00s, druggies, weirdos, dorks. There’s a new Taliban in town. You’re either with us or we’ll send you to hell.
Frankly, on the religious tolerance scale (you know, one of those founding moral values of this country), these people sound like these folks, except that their message is buffered, and seemingly cast broader than just sexual orientation. Here is what we know:
1. It’s the same clowns that brought us this before the election. [Originally found here] GOP uber alles!
2. “Arizona Citizens” is not a corporation or LLC in Arizona.
3. Also, the phone number “(602) 617-7660” is a Phoenix, AZ based phone number and the registered carrier is AT&T Wireless Services, Inc. However, due to number portability, some numbers have been transferred to a new service provider other than the registered carrier.
4. Both signs are on Viacom boards. Hmmm.
5. Obviously, it is some Christian enterprise – Jews didn’t found this country, and it sure doesn’t say “under Allah.” Probably not the Mormons, because they have all that “heavenly father” baggage.
Anyway, free speech is great. I am just curious why people who are so seemingly proud of their religious and political identity and so certain of their moral superiority are too chickenshit to own up to their message. Maybe somebody should call them from a pay phone and find out what is up. I would be interested to know…