Strength and Honour? Interesting slogan. It got me thinking about warcraft, because the goat people [Ed.: Tauren] in the game are always saying “strength and honor.” Michigan football, especially 2008, is a lot like Warcraft, in that:
- people living in Mom’s basement, with no other life (I’m talking to you, bloggers) are really into it.
- Lately, Michigan fans are universally mocked by people with real lives (or successful teams), but we don’t give a shit.
- guild (Big 10) was lame (2008)
- last season (2008) was definitely an Alliance kind of year, because we usually got stomped***, even by seemingly lesser level opponents. Sounds like a typical day on the battleground. [Ed.: 2009 wound up that way too, but he held on longer.]
- Fucking n00bs. Rewatch the 2008 offense, and see if that doesn’t come to mind.
- Our epic warrior gear (unbreakable traditions, ginormous stadium, fancy hats, ghost of Bo) was of absolutely no use in weekly raids, especially against epic bosses (yes, I know we played sweatervest mccheaterpants the undead [Ed.: Tressel] on the road. See also 2002-2007)
***what else would you call a Michigan team losing to Toledo? In a non-off year, we should have beat them by 70, so losing by any margin must have been an epic asskicking.