In our Jiffy Lube adventure from last March, we learned:
- Coolant was “low.” Extra $ to top off. No other advice.
- There was an oil leak “on the engine”/around the oil pan. No advice whatsoever.
- Unlike at Autozone, synthetic oil costs ~$10 more per quart, because “fuck you, consumer.”
- The Scion needs this expensive oil because NO IT DOESN’T.
- Jizz (or just really hard water) instead of washer fluid.
Today was a trip to an actual dealer with knowledge of the the actual car.
- Coolant was low because waterpump leak. Warranty. Coolant flush/thermostat/drive belt since we’re there anyway.
- Yep there was a leak. Warranty.
- Have an oil change.
- Still don’t need full syn.
- Windex and a car wash to boot.
- Also, yeah a recall. DX that, Loobs.
What did we learn? Dealers suck, but less so than our “friends” at the J-lube.