What a difference a couple of months makes.
Suddenly (or so it seems), Cars and Coffee has turned into post-Soviet Russia. No more rigid no ads, no promoting policies. It’s open season.
Suddenly, the “event” has outside corporate presenters. Yay capitalism. (This time: McLaren Scottsdale). Just as suddenly, no one gives a shit about the unofficial capitalists.
- barely hidden for sale signs? OK!
- Sponsored “don’t touch this car” signs promoting the dealer who brought the car? OK!
- Banners? OK!
- Bros hyping their butt ugly used Roller and Bentley customs? WGAF?!
- (And don’t even talk about all the (other) dealer plates.)
- Trailers promoting car services? Now it’s OK!
- People using the event to stage their
porn introsmodel shoots? OK!
- Cops selectively enforcing parking and speed regs? OK! (Like any promoter is gonna say jack about it as long as it’s not them getting harassed.)
Brought the cars out this morning to C&C pic.twitter.com/kFV1YzwEKf
— Couture Customs (@ccbyluxor) December 7, 2013